Pan Seared Chicken with Garlic Lemon Cream Sauce
A 30 minute meal 🍋🍗🥘 ✔️
Most of us are so busy these days with work, kids, and day to day activities that we rarely have the time to cook a decent meal. We especially don’t have the time to make an elaborate meal. When you’re just getting home from a long day and want something really good to eat this dish is definitely it! This recipe will have everyone thinking you slaved over the stove all day, but it honestly only took you 30 minutes. I’d serve this dish as a quick meal for the fam or even as a “fancy” meal for a group of friends.
This recipe is so easy and so delicious 😋
You know it’s a winner if I was able to get my picky 5yr old to try it and she actually liked it!
Without further ado…let’s get right into this recipe 👇🏾
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 1 small package chicken breast tenderloins)
• salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/3 cup finely chopped red onions
• 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
• 2 tablespoons salted butter
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• Sprinkle salt, pepper, and onion powder on both sides of the chicken
• In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic
• Heat the olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. (Chicken may not be completely done. No worries, it will finish cooking in the oven) Remove the chicken from the skillet and put onto a plate.
• In a separate small skillet add mushrooms and allow to brown/soften on both sides 5 minutes . Remove from heat and set aside.
• Reduce the flame to medium, add the red onions to the skillet along with the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Turn the heat back up to medium high and let the sauce come to a simmer. Continue to cook the sauce for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce starts to reduce to approximately 1/3 of a cup.
• Once the sauce has thickened, remove the skillet from the flame and add the butter and stir until it has melted completely. With the skillet off the flame, add heavy cream, whisk to combine. Place the skillet back over the flame for just 30 seconds, DO NOT allow the sauce to boil.
• Remove the skillet from heat and add the chicken and mushrooms back into the skillet and drizzle the cream sauce over the chicken. Place the skillet in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. When done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Serve this dish with sides of your choice. Jasmine rice and broccoli are a great combo. Another great idea would be to cook up some pasta and spoon some of that sauce and chicken over the top and serve.
A little fancy schmancy but oh so easy!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Try this 30min meal and let me know what you think 💭