Hello there and welcome back! Today’s recipe is my famous, most delicious, gooey and soft CINNAMON ROLLS!!
There is absolutely NOTHING healthy about these cinnamon rolls, so If you’re on a diet then do yourself a favor and make these on your “cheat day”.
I’ve been a lover of cinnamon rolls my entire life, but it wasn’t until I had my daughter that I started making them from scratch. Every time I’d make trip to the grocery store she’d ask me to buy cinnamon rolls. They were ok, but to be honest they’re more like a biscuit with cinnamon and a can of processed icing. The day after baking them they’re hard and warming them up doesn’t do them any justice. I eventually got tired of buying them and my daughter always asking for them, so I decided to start making them myself. I’ve followed other peoples recipes, but they were all just ok to be honest. Some of doughs had a nice texture and were soft, but lacked the rich cinnamon flavor and some had an icing that was too rich or too cream cheesey👎
So because of all the hit and misses I became a mad scientist in the kitchen and came up with the most soft, fluffy, gooey, brown sugar and cinnamon filled rolls with the most perfect glaze!
I made these cinnamon rolls on a Saturday night, so when my daughter woke up on Sunday morning they were good and ready. She’s become somewhat of a cinnamon roll expert! When she looked in the pan she said “mommy these look delicious”! She took her first bite and I was waiting with anticipation as she was smacking away. Lol. I knew she loved them when she started to do a little dance and said “this is scrumdiliumcious mommy”! Smh…the things she says. Lol.
is point I knew they were a hit! Of course I tried them for myself and thought oh my God I have to take this whole batch to work for my co-workers because I'll be tempted to eat more than one! 😩
These cinnamon rolls will definitely be my go recipe from here on out!
I hope you try them and add this recipe to your recipe box. Make them for a brunch or just on a Saturday or Sunday and share them with your loved ones!
Do yourself a favor and try this recipe. Be sure to leave a comment and rate below👇Take a pic and add it to Instagram with the hashtag #BricaButlerBlogs
Also be sure to follow me on Instagram @BricaButler ✌🏾💋
The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls EverPrep time: 2 hrs
ook time: 15-20 min
Pre-Heat Oven To 350 degreesIngredientsDough: 1 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt (I use pink Himalayan)
3 tablespoons salted butter, softened(Not Margarine)
1 large egg (room temperature)
3 cups all-purpose flour
Filling: 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Glaze: 1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 and 1/2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon melted butter
Note: if glaze is too runny, add a few more tablespoons of powdered sugar and mix well until desired consistency.
Instructions 1. In a stand mixer or large bowl , combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Add in flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed.
2. Once the flour starts to mix well into the dough, increase the speed to medium. Add more flour gradually so that the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be tacky, but not stick to your hands.
3. I then pick up the ball of dough and lightly grease the inside of the bowl with a little vegetable oil or butter. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with a towel and let it rise until it’s doubled in size for about 1 hour.
4. Lightly grease a baking pan with butter or lay down some parchment paper. 5. Remove the towel from bowl and punch down the dough. Sprinkle flour onto counter top. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12inch by 18inch rectangle.
6. Brush the dough with 1/2 cup melted butter (spoon on and spread of you don’t have a pastry brush). In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter using your hands. Roll up dough tightly lengthwise. Use a sharp serrated knife or plain dental floss to cut the dough into about 12-15 slices.
7. Place the slices onto a lightly buttered/greased 9×9 (or whatever you have available)pan. Cover and let them rise again for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Place rolls in 350 degree pre-heated oven and bake for about 15-20minutes. More or less depending on your oven
9. While the cinnamon rolls are baking make your glaze!
10. Drizzle the glaze over the rolls while they’re still warm. Serve immediately or when cooled. They’ll be good for about 5 days in a plastic container with sealed lid.