Welcome back to my blog and thanks for joining me! I hope you all are looking forward to V-Day because I’ve got some super cute ideas in mind for you guys to try.
Not sure about you girls, but I’ve become somewhat of a minimalist when it comes to makeup these days. Now that I’m a mom and I’m generally always on the go, my go to favorites consist of 3 things…brows, lashes, and lipgloss. Yeah Valentines Day is a day of love and romance, but who wants to spend 2hrs in the mirror trying to re-create some look you watched on YouTube when you could be spending that extra time with your honey.😍 Trying to do winged eyeliner or a smokey eye is a disaster waiting to happen if you’re not careful. That is of course unless you’re already a pro 🤷🏽♀️.
You can go out and buy the most expensive outfit and/or lingerie, but your makeup…keep it simple. You know your hair will be laid, mani & pedi done, and outfit on point ready to slay!!!
I’ve come up with a really pretty makeup look that’s super easy to re-create!
For this look I kept everything on the face all the same, but I switched up the lip colors just to give you all some variety.
What you I’ll need and instructions:
1. Apply your favorite primer (I use Smashbox) then apply a foundation of your choice ( I used Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation) I apply this all over my face including my eyelids using a wet beauty blender.
2. I highlight my under eye area, bridge of my nose, cupids bow and forehead lightly. Using that same beauty blender I dab it in until it’s seamless. ( I Highlight using L.A. Girl Pro. Concealer in fawn and cool tan mixed together)
3. Set the highlighted areas using a translucent power of your choice. ( I used Ben Nye banana powder) I use very little to avoid looking cakie and to avoid flashback from the camera.
4. Contour the hollows of your cheeks, forehead, lightly down each sides of your nose using a very soft hand, and jaw line with a powder about 1-2 shades darker thank your natural skin tone. (I used Ben Nye pressed powder in Moroccan)
5. Dust off that translucent powder using a large powder brush. Go over the entire face using that same brush with your finishing powder. Don’t forget your eyelids!
6. (Optional) Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks in a sweeping motion👇🏾
7. At the highest point of your cheek bone apple your favorite highlighter ( I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit)
8. Apply your favorite lipstick or lipgloss or maybe even both
9. Lashes and/or mascara
10. Finishing spray to assure your makeup is set 😉 ( I use NYX Professional Matte Finishing spray)
Lip color: Dance With Me (MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour)
Lip color: Stingraye (ColourPop Liquid Lipstick w/ Black Radiance clear lipgloss)
Use this day as your opportunity to try out a new lip color or a pair of flirty lashes that are subtle yet they’ll make your eyes stand out. No need to go overboard 😉
Thanks for stopping by,
Stay tuned for more on my next blog